How Does A Hydronic Heating System Work?
It's No Secret. Hydronic Heating Uses Water
The Question is, "Why does hydronic heating use water?"
Because water can transfer a lot more heat than air, and has none of the downsides of blowing hot air through your home.
So, What Are The Components of a Hydronic System?
Have a look at the simplified schematic above. What you see, are the essential elements of a hydronic system. They are
1. The heat source. In this case, it's a Bosch gas boiler. You can actually choose from a gas boiler, electric, a heat pump, a biomass (solid fuel or pellet) heater, or a choice of solar sources. Use one, or mix them up- whatever works best for you.
2. The piping. This distributes the heat efficiently, silently, comfortably, and out of sight. In the real world, the piping from the heat source leads to a manifold.
3. The manifold. The job of the manifold is to split up the hot water, and direct where it's wanted- to your choice of heat emitters..
4. The heat emitters. You can choose to have radiator panels in the room, and these come in a variety of styles, shapes and colours to complement your decor. Alternatively, you can have the water heat the floor, under threflooring, or in-slab. Or a mixture of both! Each panel, or room, can be individually turned on or off, and adjusted by a thermostat. You get the amount of warmth, where you want it. But what makes the water go around?
5. The circulation pump. A quiet, efficient pump circulates the heated water throughout the system.
A hydronic system can be the best possible heating system for your home. To be the best possible system, it needs to be designed well, to be built from quality components, and to be installed to the highest standards. That's the promise of SmartHeat. Remember, your comfort is our concern.
How To Get The BEST Hydronic System?
A hydronic system can be the best possible heating system for your home. To be the best possible system, it needs to be designed well, to be built from quality components, and to be installed to the highest standards. That's the promise of SmartHeat.
Would you like more information on hydronic heating and cooling? You can call our Sydney Office on 1300 186 667, our Canberra Office on   1300 732 807, use the email addresses below, or use our Contact Form. Your comfort is our concern.